Category Archives: Hotel / Motel

Cape Girardeau, MO – No injuries reported after sprinkler system extinguishes trash can fire in hotel bathroom

Hotel guests were evacuated from their rooms after one of the units caught fire on Saturday, April 21 in Cape Girardeau.

It happened at the Drury Plaza Hotel on Percy Drive just after 1 a.m.

According to the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, a fire was started in a trash can placed in a bathroom which activated the sprinkler system. Continue Reading »

Cottage Grove, MN – Overnight hotel fire knocked down by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A hotel in the east metro was evacuated early Thursday after a blaze broke out. At about 2:45 a.m. emergency units responded to a report of a room on fire at the Country Inn and Suites in Cottage Grove.

The building sprinkler system had knocked down the fire and Cottage Grove crews extinguished any remaining blaze.Continue Reading »

Lake Placid, NY – Fire at Crowne Plaza Resort suppressed by sprinkler system; Overheated computer was cause

The Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club was evacuated after the fire broke out around 11:12 a.m last Thursday. “The evacuation plan went great,” Lussi said. “We had actually just had a fire drill about six week ago.” The fire was triggered by a guest’s overcharged computer, he said.Continue Reading »

Lewiston, ID – Electrical fire at hotel put out with help from sprinkler system

Fire officials suspect an electrical malfunction sparked a fire Monday evening in a fourth-floor room at the Red Lion Hotel in Lewiston.

The Lewiston Fire Department was dispatched to the hotel at 621 21st St. at approximately 6:20 p.m., and no one was injured in the fire, according to a news release from LFD Chief Travis Myklebust.Continue Reading »