On Nov. 27 at 4:01 p.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, Huntington Co. #3 and White Hills Co. #5 responded to a fire alarm sounding at the Shelton Lakes Convalescent rehab Center at #5 lake Road. Upon arrival firefighters were made aware of a fire that had occurred in the kitchen of the facility.… Continue Reading »
The Orange fire marshal is investigating a suspected arson at the former President Madison Inn on Caroline Street. Right now the Paul Stefan Foundation is in the process of renovating the building into a regional home for pregnant homeless women.
A fire believed to have been deliberately set has shut down a downtown Edmonton emergency shelter and displaced more than 60 women who were staying there. Early Tuesday, firefighters responded to a fire on the fourth floor of a building that provides temporary shelter to homeless women.… Continue Reading »
Twenty-six women residing at the Orange Street Community Correctional Center were relocated Wednesday evening after a fire damaged a section of the center. The fire broke out at approximately 6:30 p.m. in a bedroom at the center. A corrections officer used a handheld extinguisher to put out the fire as staff evacuated residents from the building. … Continue Reading »
Sprinkler, staff keep fire at Harper’s from becoming danger to residents Quick work by staff members and a good sprinkler system kept an early-morning fire from becoming disastrous at a local personal care home, Washington Fire Chief C.J. Gilland said.
Harper’s Personal Care Home Inc
Assisted Living Facility
Address: 186 Bootlegger Ln E, Washington, GA 30673
Columbia River Fire and Rescue crews responded to a structure fire at Cornerstone, Columbia Community Mental Health’s residential treatment facility, on Saturday, Jan. 30, at 5:15 a.m. When crews arrived at 271 Columbia Blvd., smoke had filled the two-story building. A small fire had ignited on the first floor in a bedroom on the northwest corner in the bedding of one of the residents.… Continue Reading »
Insinger’s Personal Care Home, 6 E. Central Ave. in South Williamsport, was safely evacuated when a small fire broke out in a second-floor bedroom about 7:50 p.m. Wednesday. The home’s sprinkler system quickly extinguished the fire, which involved some linen, fire officials said.… Continue Reading »