Category Archives: Adult Care/Rehab Center

Madisonville, KY – Arson fire at personal care home doused by sprinkler system

A Homestead Personal Care home resident was arrested after apparently setting fire to his mattress at 2:05 p.m. last Monday. There were no reported injuries.  Madisonville Police Department reported Bradley D. Eaves, 40 of Madisonville, was charged with first-degree arson following an investigation. Continue Reading »

Kearney, FL – No injuries after sprinkler system puts out arson fire at women’s shelter

A fire started in the Kearney Center’s women’s wing on Sunday night was quickly put out by its overhead sprinkler system. The Center is now finding alternate sleeping arrangements for its female clients. The fire was started in a laundry bin in the Kearney Center’s women’s wing just after 8 Sunday night, forcing the center to evacuate all its residents.Continue Reading »

Birmingham, AL – Sprinkler system knocks down dryer fire at rehabilitation center

A small dryer fire forced patients at UAB’s Spain Rehabilitation Center to be evacuated early Thursday morning.

The fire was reported before 4:00 a.m. on the fifth floor of the building. Birmingham Fire-Rescue says the flames were put out by the building’s sprinkler system before they arrived.Continue Reading »

Watertown, WI – Sprinkler system halts nursing home fire in wing occupied by many nonambulatory patients

The Watertown Fire Department continues to investigate a structure fire that injured one resident at Dycora Transitional Health on Hospital Drive early Saturday morning. “We’re not exactly sure of the cause of it yet, possibly electrical,” fire Chief Greg Michalek said.Continue Reading »

Glendale, WI – Fire at transitional living center suppressed by sprinkler system

This evening at approximately 7:16pm, the Bayside Communications Center received a report from an alarm monitoring company of a fire alarm sounding at Dycora Transitional Living Center, 1616 W. Bender Rd. in Glendale. Within seconds, a 911 call was received reporting a fire on the second floor of the facility.Continue Reading »

Kenosha, WI – Cooking fire at care center put out with help from sprinkler system

Residents of a care center displaced by water damage from a sprinkler system were able to move back into the facility Tuesday evening.

According to a spokesman from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, residents of the Kenosha Care Center I, 6024 18th Ave., were housed at the Dayton Care Center, 521 59th St., during the day on Tuesday.Continue Reading »