Category Archives: Hospital/Medical Clinic

Spencer, IA – Laundry room fire at hospital contained by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

No patients or staff had to be removed from Spencer Hospital Saturday when the Spencer Fire Department responded to an early morning fire at the local medical facility. At 6:08 a.m., Spencer Fire and Rescue personnel were dispatched to Spencer Municipal Hospital following the report of a fire in the laundry room.… Continue Reading »

Modesto, CA – Sprinkler system extinguishes suspicious overnight fire at Planned Parenthood

The Modesto fire and police departments are investigating a suspicious, but apparently small, fire at the Planned Parenthood Modesto Health Center on McHenry Avenue early Wednesday.

Signs on the doors of the center said it would be closed Wednesday, and a spokeswoman said staff members are assessing fire damage and working to reopen as soon as possible.Continue Reading »

Montreal, QC, Canada – Arson fire at medical clinic performing gender change surgeries is extinguished by sprinkler system

Police are seeking a male suspect in relation to a suspicious fire that targeted the Centre métropolitain de chirurgie in the Ahuntsic-Cartierville borough in Montreal, the only medical clinic in Canada that offers gender reassignment surgery.

Firefighters were alerted to a fire at the clinic at 8:44 p.m.Continue Reading »

Middleburg Heights, OH – Possible arson fire at hospital contained with help from sprinkler system

The city’s detective bureau is reviewing a Feb. 21 fire at Southwest General Health Center. An employee saw smoke in an Emergency Department’s hallway at 8 p.m.  He and another staff member located the fire in the clean utility room in which the sprinkler system sprayed water throughout the room.Continue Reading »

North Sydney, NS, Canada – Hospital laundry fire contained with help from sprinkler system

The Nova Scotia Health Authority says a small fire overnight in the laundry room of the Northside General Hospital in North Sydney caused only minor damage. The fire was caused by the spontaneous combustion of linen, according to the Nova Scotia Health Authority.Continue Reading »

San Leandro, CA – Room fire at mental health hospital controlled by sprinkler system; No injuries

The Villa Fairmont Mental Health Rehabilitation Center remained fully functional after a room caught fire Tuesday night. Fire crews responded to a report of a fire at 7:01 p.m. at the center located in the 15000 block of Foothill Boulevard in unincorporated San Leandro, according to the Alameda County Fire Department.Continue Reading »

Wildomar, CA – Fire in storage closet at hospital suppressed by sprinkler system

On Dec. 14, firefighters responded to Inland Valley Medical Center regarding the report of a commercial structure fire at the location.

The hospital is located at 36485 Inland Valley Drive, near Clinton Keith Road in Wildomar. Inland Valley Medical Center is a 122-bed, General Acute Care Hospital with Basic Emergency Services and a Level III Trauma Center.Continue Reading »

Halifax, NS, Canada – No one injured after sprinklers activate in fire on seventh floor of mental hospital

The Nova Scotia Health Authority says it could take weeks to rebuild two floors damaged after a small fire at the Abbie J. Lane building of the QEII Health Sciences Centre in Halifax.

The fire started at around 7:20 p.m. on Wednesday in a patient’s room, said Everton McLean, a spokesperson for the health authority. Continue Reading »

Grand Terrace, CA – Attic fire at convalescent hospital contained by sprinkler system

An attic fire prompted a precautionary evacuation at a Grand Terrace convalescent hospital, say San Bernardino County Fire Department officials.

The blaze was reported at 7:36 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 9, at Grand Terrace Health Care Center, 12000 Mount Vernon Ave., about a block north of Barton Road.Continue Reading »