Category Archives: Hospital/Care Facility

Ridgefield, CT – (No Media Coverage) Fire at child daycare extinguished by sprinkler system

*** NO MEDIA COVERAGE ** A “Sprinkler Saves” blog follower has reported that an activated sprinkler system helped put out a fire at Almost Home Childcare last week in Ridgefield, Connecticut.  No injuries were reported to children or staff.  There was no media coverage of the fire, however, the Almost Home Facebook page includes additional details … https://www.facebook.com/AlmostHomecc/

 … Continue Reading »

New Iberia, LA – Late night arson fire at medical center extinguished by sprinkler system

A man has been arrested after, fire marshals say, he intentionally set a fire at Iberia Medical Center early Friday morning. Ruddy Romero, Jr., 25, of New Iberia, allegedly set fire to a hospital blanket on a set of chairs in an Intensive Care Unit waiting room on the second floor.Continue Reading »

Watertown, WI – Sprinkler system halts nursing home fire in wing occupied by many nonambulatory patients

The Watertown Fire Department continues to investigate a structure fire that injured one resident at Dycora Transitional Health on Hospital Drive early Saturday morning. “We’re not exactly sure of the cause of it yet, possibly electrical,” fire Chief Greg Michalek said.Continue Reading »

Lake Forest, IL – Sprinklers extinguish fire at daycare center before firefighters arrive; All children safely evacuated

A fire that broke out at a Lake Forest day care facility Wednesday was extinguished before fire fighters arrived.

The Lake Forest Fire Department received the alarm around 8:52 a.m. The department said all of the children at the day care had been evacuated to a nearby business.Continue Reading »

Glendale, WI – Fire at transitional living center suppressed by sprinkler system

This evening at approximately 7:16pm, the Bayside Communications Center received a report from an alarm monitoring company of a fire alarm sounding at Dycora Transitional Living Center, 1616 W. Bender Rd. in Glendale. Within seconds, a 911 call was received reporting a fire on the second floor of the facility.Continue Reading »

Park Ridge, IL – Fire in hospital mechanical room extinguished by sprinkler system; No injuries

*** NO MEDIA COVERAGE – Fire Department Reported ***
On May 15, 2017 at 12:31 p.m., the Park Ridge Fire Department was dispatched to 1775 W. Dempster Street, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital (ALGH), for an activated fire alarm. Upon arrival, the Incident Commander was notified by ALGH staff of a reported fire in the basement of the Surgery Building.… Continue Reading »

Murray, UT – Early morning fire at day care facility contained by sprinkler system

It could have been a whole lot worse. That’s what Murray fire investigators are saying about an early morning blaze that burned a detached classroom area at Almost Home Playcare, a children’s daycare facility located at 140 West Winchester Street.  Deputy Chief Jon Harris told Gephardt Daily the fire started in a rubbish collection area outside a converted classroom.  Continue Reading »

Cleveland, OH – Sprinkler system assists medical center personnel in controlling early morning arson fire

Quick response by personnel at Tennova Healthcare-Cleveland is being credited with dousing a fire set in the emergency department there early Thursday morning.

Cleveland Fire Department Fire Marshal Ben Atchley said the incident occurred just after 3 a.m. Thursday, when a person at the emergency area of the hospital who was there for a psychological evaluation apparently used a lighter to set his stretcher and clothing atop the stretcher on fire.Continue Reading »

Palo Alto, CA – Lab fire at Stanford University Medical School held in check by sprinkler system

Palo Alto Fire crews knocked down a 3-alarm fire at Stanford University in Palo Alto after evacuating the surrounding area Saturday morning.  Crews first reported the fire on Twitter around 7:45 a.m. in the Edwards Building at 300 Pasteur Dr., which is connected to the hospital.Continue Reading »

Rochester, NY – Electrical panel fire at hospital contained with help from sprinkler system

Firefighters say a major short in a power box is responsible for sparking a fire at Monroe Community Hospital early New Year’s Day.  Firefighters say an electric panel on the fourth floor caught fire around 2:30 a.m.   Crews got in quickly extinguished the fire. Continue Reading »