A fire in a trash can caused the evacuation of the Laconia Circuit Court Monday afternoon. Meredith’s Vikki Fogg said she opened the door to a ground floor restroom to be met by flames. She told her grandson Nathan, 7, to go tell the bailiff conducting security screenings at the courthouse entrance that there was a fire.… Continue Reading »
** BLOG NOTE: Smoke does not cause a sprinkler to activate. Only heat from a fire **
A spokesman for Bush Intercontinental Airport says a sprinkler system was activated when charging batteries began to overheat and sent smoke into a terminal.… Continue Reading »
Chillicothe firefighters responded early today to the Chillicothe Correctional Center, and upon arrival, moderate smoke was coming from the south side of the north service building where they discovered a fire in a large clothes dryer.
A fire broke out at an Amtrak maintenance building in Wilmington Monday morning but was quickly extinguished, according to officials. It has been ruled accidental. Wilmington firefighters were called to 4001 Vandever Ave. just before 7 a.m. for a report of smoke coming from building No.… Continue Reading »
Riverton’s bus barn caught fire canceling all bus routes this morning. The fire was reported at 7:00 pm Monday night. Only one bus caught fire, the other thirty buses were saved by the sprinkler system installed just two years ago. Buses in the barn are parked inches from each other so the Superintendent of Riverton’s School District said only losing one bus, was amazing.… Continue Reading »
The Luzerne County human services building on Pennsylvania Avenue was closed Monday after someone threw a “fire bomb” into an office, according to an email to county council members. In the email, council Chairwoman Linda McClosky Houck told fellow members she was informed Children and Youth Executive Director Joanne Van Saun’s office was the one targeted. … Continue Reading »
The Roanoke Police Department’s Station had to be evacuated on Thursday evening because of a fire. The fire broke out in a room on the third floor of the building, according to Tiffany Bradbury with Roanoke Fire EMS. She said everyone was evacuated from the building and that no one was injured. … Continue Reading »