Castro Valley, CA – Fire that started in chimney stopped from spreading thanks to attic fire sprinklers; No injuries reported

Fire crews quickly knocked down a one-alarm blaze that started in a chimney and spread to a home’s attic Saturday afternoon in Castro Valley, fire officials said.

The fire was reported about 1:20 p.m. at a home in the 25000 block of Palomares Road, according to the Alameda County Fire Department.

Sprinklers in the home’s attic assisted fire crews, who kept the blaze from spreading to the rest of the house, a fire department spokeswoman said.

No one was injured and the residents were not displaced.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *