The fire department was called out at 9:04 a.m. Tuesday to the north side of building 2 at Daktronics, Hartmann said.
“It came in as a sprinkler discharge with alarm,” Hartmann said.
Employees were evacuated and reported that the problem was “in one of the paint booths, which it was,” he said.
“We got crews inside pretty quickly; assessed if we had any fire extension,” Hartmann said.
“The sprinklers kind of kept everything in check for us, which was great. It worked the way it’s designed,” he said.
Crews pulled some of the filter units that were smoldering and made sure the fire was out and things were cooling off, he said.
“Shut down the sprinkler to minimize any more water damage,” Hartmann said.
Nobody was injured, he said.
“Daktronics did a wonderful job,” Hartmann said. “They got their personnel out, but they were there to assist the whole time.”
Fire crews cleared the scene at 9:54 a.m.