Binghamton, NY – Fire in stairwell of business extinguished by sprinkler system

A small fire broke out on a small porch in Binghamton Tuesday morning, according to the Binghamton Fire Department. It happened around 4:30 a.m. at 197 Clinton St. Binghamton’s fire chief says the fire happened in the interior of the stairwell and impacted cleaning supplies. He says the sprinkler put it out. No one was injured. The fire is under investigation.

One thought on “Binghamton, NY – Fire in stairwell of business extinguished by sprinkler system”

  1. “Small” fire.

    Right.

    The sprinkler system activated, preventing the fire from growing.

    It was a small fire because the property was equipped with fire sprinklers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *