Airdrie Fire Crews responded to a call in the 300 block of Edwards way NW Sunday. The fire started in an apartment on the main floor of the complex. When fire crews arrived they found the building’s sprinkler system had engaged which help keep the fire at bay. When the alarms sounded in the complex all residents evacuated safely. Once the fire was extinguished fire crews monitored the air quality of the different floors before letting residents back in. The family living in the damaged apartment will be temporarily displaced until the required repairs are completed until then the Red Cross will be supporting them with the necessary resources. According to the Fire Prevention Bureau, the cause of the fire was a combustible material being ignited by a damaged floor lamp electrical cord. The estimated damage is around 80,000 dollars. No one was injured during the event. The Airdrie Fire Department would like to remind the public to keep unprotected cords out of the path of foot traffic and combustible materials.