Paso Robles, CA – Office fire that started in server cabinet is contained by single sprinkler

On Sunday, fire personnel responded to a two-story, commercial building located at 1255 Las Tablas Road in Templeton. Crews heard an audible water flow alarm and upon further investigation found the upstairs portion of the building fully charged with smoke. Crews requested a full commercial structure fire response. Fire crews made access to the building and found one fire sprinkler had activated above a computer cabinet. The fire sprinklers kept the fire contained to the cabinet.

Due to the size and construction features of the building, it took crews several hours to ventilate the smoke from the second story. The fire sprinklers also caused a significant amount of water damage and crews worked hard to remove the water and prevent further damage to the property contained inside the structure.

Crews spent approximately 20 minutes to contain the fire. Crews remained at the scene for approximately 4 hours for salvage, overhaul, and investigation. No injuries were reported. The occupants of the building were Central Coast Gastroenterology, the Wellness Kitchen, and Pacific Premier Bank. No injuries were reported.

The fire started on the second floor in a computer server cabinet. It was determined to be caused by an electrical malfunction in the computer server cabinet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *