Grocery Store / Super Center, Retail Peoria, IL – Oven fire at Sam’s Club prompts sprinkler system to activate; No injuries reported September 13, 2018 viking210 Leave a comment A kitchen fire temporarily closed Sam’s Club on Monday afternoon and caused a damage estimate of $1 million in products on the store’s shelves. At about 3:30 p.m., Peoria firefighters responded to a fire in the deli area at 4100 W. Willow Knolls Road. Once inside, they found a small fire in a rotisserie oven, which was put out with a water extinguisher, Acting Battalion Chief Robert Lundholm said in a news release. One sprinkler head was activated and kept the fire in check before they arrived, he said. Firefighters remained on scene after the fire was out to shut down the sprinklers and ventilate the building. No injuries were reported. All employees and customers were evacuated and accounted for, and the store was closed.