Fayetteville, NC – Single sprinkler extinguishes apartment kitchen fire; No injuries reported and no one displaced

Two units in the Cliff Creek Apartments off Cliffdale Road were damaged by water Friday after a pan caught fire and set off the sprinkler system, according to the Fayetteville Fire/Emergency Management Department.  The fire at 731 C.L. Tart Circle was reported at 5:45 p.m.  Firefighters responded to a reported apartment fire in the complex and upon arriving, saw smoke coming from a second-floor unit, a fire department news release said.  A single-sprinkler head was activated and put out the fire in the pan left on the stove. No one was displaced or injured, and no damage estimate was given.

One thought on “Fayetteville, NC – Single sprinkler extinguishes apartment kitchen fire; No injuries reported and no one displaced”

  1. No, the units were damaged by THE FIRE. The sprinkler system discharged WATER to extinguish the fire. No fire, no water. An arriving fire company would have discharged hundreds and hundreds of gallons onto a far worse fire, if the sprinkler system had not worked as designed and installed. Please stop making the sprinkler system sound like the bad guy. It is the good guy. The fire is the bad guy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *