Meridian, ID – (no media coverage) Single sprinkler puts out fire in high school gym caused by combustion of oily rags

<No Media Coverage – Fire Department Reported> A single sprinkler head extinguished a fire in the Rocky Mountain High School gym late on the night of July 28th. The fire, caused by improperly discarded oily rags from a gym floor refinishing project, activated the sprinkler and alarm system. Meridian Fire Department responded, and found smoke in the entryway of the gym. They were able to stop the water flow and prevent substantial water damage to the newly-refinished gym floor. “The sprinkler did its job,” reported Joe Bongiorno, Meridian Fire Dept. Fire Marshal. “A single head put the fire out.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *