Concord, MA – High school fire caused by malfunctioning electrical equipment with fish tank is contained by sprinkler system

A fire started in Concord-Carlisle Regional High School the morning of Tuesday, July 31 at approximately 5:40, according to district spokesman Tom Lucey.  Members of the Concord Fire Department and the state fire marshal were still investigating the incident, but the officials suspect electrical equipment associated with a fish tank caused the fire.  Lucey said the fire was contained quickly by the school’s sprinkler system and only one room was damaged by the fire. The Concord Fire Department arrived shortly after to make sure the fire was out and the area was safe.  Water damage from the sprinklers was more extensive, affecting 12 classrooms on the third and fourth floors and the school’s gymnasium.  No one was believed to be injured as a result of the fire, according to Lucey, who said he believed the building was empty when the fire started.

While the school is still assessing the damage, Lucey said the fire was unlikely to change the start of the school year, which is scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 29.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *