Hyannis, MA – Sprinkler system controlled laptop fire at The Times offices

UPDATE 1:30 P.M. – The Times states that the fire started in a laptop computer, burned the edge of a desk and spread to a chair.  The chair fire released clouds of smoke before being extinguished.  [You may recall Fire Marshal Ostroskey speaking with us on “Lower Cape Today” about the smoke and toxic fumes that come from burning furniture in today’s homes.]

UPDATE 10:30 A.M. – The Times is reporting that a chair caught fire in the Display Advertising Department.  Firefighters reportedly removed the chair and vented smoke from the structure.

Firefighters were dispatched to the offices of the Cape Cod Times offices on Main Street in Hyannis around 8:30 Saturday morning.  

The initial response came after sprinkler activation sounded automatic alarms.  Upon their arrival, firefighters discovered smoke in the building.

No injuries have been reported and the sprinkler system appears to have controlled the fire.

No further information is available at this time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *