Investigators have identified lint buildup in a dryer as the cause of the Thursday, June 14 Newington strip mall fire, the Fairfax County County and Rescue Department says. Fire sprinklers saved the middle unit strip mall business in the 8000 block of Rolling Road from significant damage. Damages were about $600, and no one was injured. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and Fort Belvoir Fire units had responded to the fire around 8:31 p.m. Five employees and one customer were inside at the time of the fire. An employee noticed the rear of the store filling with smoke, and all were able to evacuate. A fire sprinkler activated and kept the fire contained until firefighters arrived. The fire came from the rear storage area of the building and was quickly put out within 10 minutes.