Tysons Corner, VA – Sprinkler system extinguishes kitchen fire in restaurant; No injuries reported

Sprinklers prevented a fire from doing much damage at a Tysons Corner Center restaurant Tuesday.

When Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Units arrived to the restaurant in the 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road around 12:07 a.m., the fire had already been put out.

The restaurant was closed at the time, but one employee was present and found the fire. The employee unsuccessfully tried to put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher. The fire had been extinguished when three fire sprinkler heads activated. No one was injured.

Fire investigators determined that the fire started in the kitchen due to a plastic food storage cart being too close to a stove burner. The restaurant was closed pending a health department inspection, which is routine after fires. Red Cross services were not required with damage estimates around $300.

A spokesperson for Fairfax County Fire and Rescue did not specify which restaurant the fire occurred at.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *