The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal is continuing its investigation of Wednesday morning’s fire in one of Washington College’s dormitories. Public Safety Director Jerry Roderick said officers observed flames and smoke in the second floor suite of Talbot House at about 11:30 a.m. as the Chestertown Volunteer Fire Department was responding. Roderick said the sprinkler system in the dorm activated, extinguishing the fire. Roderick said there was smoke and water damage to the building. No injuries were reported. The two students who were displaced will be put up in other college housing.