Beaverton, OR – No injuries as sprinkler system helps tackle restaurant fire

A fire broke out late Saturday night at Oasis Restaurant in Beaverton — damaging it enough that it was forced to close Sunday.

Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue responded to the small fire at the strip mall around 11 p.m. Saturday. Officials said the accidental fire started after a pot of oil was left on the stove at the popular Lebanese restaurant.

Fortunately, the hood fire suppression system as well as the building’s fire sprinkler system kept the fire from growing.

TVF&R officials said there was limited fire damage, but significant smoke and water damage.

Easter Sunday is normally Oasis Restaurant’s busiest day of the year, but they had to cancel all reservations because of the damage left behind.

There were no injuries reported during the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *