Static electricity built up caused a spark and small explosion, said Brad Wymore, director of marketing and sales at Mar-Flex Waterproofing and Building Solutions. He said there were some flammable materials within the solvent-based product manufactured in the Carlisle facility. Wymore said the on-site sprinkler system was triggered, and there was a fast response from the fire departments. There were no flames at any time, but a foam used to put out the small explosion does cause some smoldering. Wymore said 10 people were inside the building at the time, but only one was in the back near the explosion.
A small explosion at Mar-Flex Waterproofing and Building Solutions led to no structural damage at the business. Just a wall panel was torn off. Lt. Dustin Perry, Franklin Twp. fire, said the damage was contained to a mixing tank. He said a dust explosion caused the incident.
UPDATE @ 11:33 a.m.
A small explosion was reported inside the business around 10:30 a.m. Crews on scene report part of a wall is laying out from the side of the building.
No injuries are reported, and all employees are accounted for.
On scene were fire department crews from Carlisle, Franklin, Madison Twp., Middletown, Miami Valley, Clearcreek Twp., Franklin Twp., Germantown and the Joint Emergency Medical Service.
The company, Mar-Flex Waterproofing and Building Solutions, has been located here for less than a decade.
Multiple fire crews have responded to a reported fire at a factory in Carlisle Monday morning.
Crews were dispatched around 10:30 a.m. to Mar-Flex Waterproofing and Building Solutions at 500 Business Parkway on reports of a fire and possible explosions from the building.