An early morning fire at the newly renovated Kress Building began in a freestanding fireplace on a fourth floor apartment balcony. The apartment’s owner told the Montgomery Advertiser the chimenea fire caused minor structural damage on the balcony. An activated sprinkler system kept the fire contained, Montgomery Fire/Rescue PIO O.J. Whiting said. The third floor suffered some water damage. Montgomery Fire/Rescue responded to the Dexter Avenue building around 7:40 a.m. and evacuated the building. No injuries were reported.