A small fire briefly disrupted classes Friday at East Carter High School, according to Carter County Schools. It happened in a restroom, and the smoke activated the sprinkler system. (note from blog editor: smoke does not activate this type of fire sprinkler system. Only the substantial heat from a potentially dangerous fire will activate an automatic fire sprinkler)
All students and staff were evacuated as a precaution. No one was hurt. They were allowed back in the building around 11:20 a.m. Students and staff were using an adjusted lunch/class schedule for the remainder of the day.