Nursing Home/Senior Living, Residential Augusta, GA – Sprinkler system keeps grass fire from spreading indoors at assisted living facility November 22, 2017 viking210 Leave a comment A fire forced the Homestead Assisted Living Center in Augusta to be evacuated. It happened around noon Monday. The Augusta Department of Public Safety told KSN News they determined that the fire began as a grass fire outside the facility. A sprinkler went off and contained the fire inside the building. Thirty residents were evacuated by staff for about an hour before they were allowed to return to the facility. No injuries were reported.