At 2:01 a.m., fire crews were called to a high rise apartment building at 43 Forest Ave. They found a fire on the second floor at Villa Marie III, in the building’s garbage chute. Fire officials say there was heavy smoke on the 17th and 18th floors. There are no injuries, however, residents of the building were without power. The sprinkler system was activated during the fire, causing damage to the electric system in the apartment. Electra Utilities shut down power to the entire building, pending an inspection by the electrical safety authority. Damage is estimated at $10,000.