Grapevine, TX – (No media coverage) Apartment fire caused by unattended cooking doused by sprinkler system

***No media coverage – Fire Department reported*** On October 1st, 2017 at 03:32 the Grapevine Fire Department was dispatched to the Montelena Apartments at 501 Turner street #622 for an alarm activation. The first on-scene fire crews arrived to find audible fire alarms activating with nothing showing. Apartment #622 on the second level was investigated and fire crews found a single side wall sprinkler head had activated and extinguished a fire on the stove. The cause of the fire was from unattended cooking. There was fire damage to kitchen cabinets around the stove and smoke damage to the ceiling above the stove. The single sprinkler head contained, extinguished the fire; saving lives and property on the same floor and below. Even though the fire alarms had sounded, residences in the affected fire apartment were still in their bedroom. Fire damages were estimated around at $4000 saving and protecting a property valued $33,450,000.

The numbers are accurate for repairs and value of building. The contents of the apartment was estimated on renters insurance of $10,000

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *