Farmers Branch, TX (No media coverage) – Fire originating in commercial smoker quickly doused by sprinkler system

***No media coverage – Fire Department reported***  On October 7, 2017, Farmers Branch and Carrollton Fire Departments were dispatched to a structure fire at a commercial building located at 13801 Diplomat in Farmers Branch. The Carrollton Fire Department made entry and discovered a kitchen fire had been extinguished prior to their arrival by a single 25 gallon per minute sprinkler head.

An employee on the scene reported that chicken in a commercial smoker caught fire, and when she opened the smoker door a “fireball” rolled out and set off the sprinkler head. Fire damage was prevented by the quick activation of the fire sprinkler. The water damage was limited to a small area of the kitchen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *