Petaluma, CA – Sprinkler system keeps dryer fire from spreading at adult memory care home

Nearly 60 residents of an adult care home in Petaluma were evacuated Sunday after a fire ignited in a laundry room.

Petaluma Fire responded to the call at 3:54 p.m. and found smoke pouring out of a roof vent at the Adobe House, a memory care facility at 750 N. McDowell Blvd.

The fire was sparked by a dryer in the facility, but the sprinkler system stopped it from spreading, Petaluma Fire said in a statement.

Fire crews gained control of the small blaze by 4:11 p.m. and assisted in smoke removal and water cleanup before residents were allowed back in the home, Petaluma Fire said.

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage, excluding cleanup costs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *