Rehoboth Beach, DE – Overnight laundry fire in basement of resort hotel put out by sprinkler system

A basement fire already extinguished before emergency personnel arrived forced the evacuation of all guests from the Atlantic Sands Hotel in Rehoboth Beach just before midnight. It was still Sunday, around 11:55 p.m., when the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company dispatched to the hotel, located at 101 North Boardwalk, for what was called in as a kitchen fire in the basement, fire officials said.

Rehoboth Beach Firefighters, Rehoboth Beach Police and Atlantic Sands Security personnel evacuated all guests. But a basement dryer had caught fire and the sprinkler system had already put it out, officials said. Firefighters remained on the scene for a couple of hours removing smoke and water from the sprinklers.

No injuries were reported. Rehoboth Beach Firefighters were assisted by Lewes Fire Department, the Bethany Beach Fire Company, Rehoboth Beach Police and Sussex County EMS.  The Indian River and Milton Fire Companies covered the Rehoboth Fire Stations during the alarm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *