A staff member was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out in Olney Charter High School in Philadelphia on Monday morning. Officials say the fire occurred at 10:10 a.m. in a bathroom, and the sprinkler system helped douse the flames. The building was evacuated, and students were dismissed for the day at 11 a.m.
Fire officials say the staffer who was taken to the hospital had to be checked out for smoke inhalation. That person, a Safety Team member, was one of the first people on the scene of the fire, officials said. That person has since been released from the hospital.