An automated sprinkler system is being credited with containing a fire at a 25-unit apartment complex in Appleton. Firefighters say they were called to Wire Works Apartments, 601 E. Hancock St., just after 9:30 a.m. Thursday. When they arrived, firefighters saw light smoke in the courtyard outside one of the units. When they went in, crews saw that the apartment’s living room was filled with smoke, and a sprinkler was running. Investigation showed that the water from the sprinkler had put the fire out. Firefighters shut down the sprinkler system and helped remove smoke and water from the apartment. When the fire started, one adult and one child were in the apartment. They got out safely and called 911. Firefighters determined the fire began when a heat lamp tipped over onto some boxes.