Fire sprinklers likely saved a Battle Ground-area church from more extensive damage after a food dehydrator sparked a fire Sunday night in its attached garage. Around 9:20 p.m., crews from Clark County Fire & Rescue were dispatched to the Jehovah’s Witnesses Kingdom Hall north of Battle Ground, at 33209 N.E. Lewisville Highway, for a report of a structure fire. Deputy Clark County Fire Marshal Curtis Eavenson said a fault in a food dehydrating device sparked a small fire in a garage attached to the church. The dehydrator appeared to be homemade. The sprinkler system limited the damage to a roughly 3-square-foot area, causing about $4,000 to $5,000 in damage. “The sprinkler system saved the day,” Eavenson said. “Once again, the value of fire sprinklers are very evident there.” The dehydrator was being used to dry some fruit, he said.