On Nov. 27 at 4:01 p.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, Huntington Co. #3 and White Hills Co. #5 responded to a fire alarm sounding at the Shelton Lakes Convalescent rehab Center at #5 lake Road. Upon arrival firefighters were made aware of a fire that had occurred in the kitchen of the facility. The fire started when a pan of liquid ignited on a stove top. The fire activated several fire sprinkler heads which extinguished the fire but caused water damage to the kitchen area. Firefighters remained on the scene to check for any fire extension and assistance facility employees. Two engines, one rescue truck and one ladder truck responded.