Four students were displaced from their homes Tuesday after a fire in one apartment touched off the sprinklers at the Arlington Park Apartments. Greeley firefighters were called around 7:45 p.m. Tuesday to a fire at the Arlington Park Apartments, Building No. 3, 2315 9th Ave.
Firefighters arrived to heavy smoke showing. The fire was contained to one apartment and was put out by the building’s sprinkler system. But students living in two rooms would be displaced because of smoke and water damage, said University of Northern Colorado spokesman Nate Haas.
Students were evacuated and there were no injuries, reported Greeley Firefighter Battalion Chief Rick Hinchcliffe. Firefighters were clearing the building as of 8:30 p.m., and the fire was out minutes later. Custodians were called in to clear the water.
The immediate damage was contained to the apartment with a fire, with water damage to the apartment immediately below, Hinchcliffe said. Haas said university residence officials were working Tuesday to find temporary housing for the students in the college’s residence halls.