The operators of Store-Haus, a self-storage facility at 82 Poverty Road, cleaned up damage Thursday from a small fire the night before in the front office. Owner Dave Polmon said a chair in the office ignited after a wire overheated. The heat triggered the office’s sprinkler system, which put out the fire.
Firefighters were dispatched to the building at 8:40 p.m. after dispatchers were alerted by an alarm. Polmon said the business remains open despite the damage. He said plastic bowls five feet from the fire-damaged chair melted in the heat, but a container of chocolate-covered rains about 10 feet away did not melt.